Wednesday 21 October 2015

Finding time to do what you love

I am in the middle of thought provoking read called: 
The Fringe Hours, making time for you 
by Jessica N. Turner.
The author has challenged me to figure out how to find time for myself in my full life. Working full time, driving my youngest son everywhere for everything, cooking nutritious meals, pulling a few weeds out of my garden and staying on top of the laundry are just a few of the things that compete for my time.

As I think this through, I am struck by the "love" part. Finding time for what I love...that really is the heart of the matter (no clever pun is intended, but it did just turn up).

What do I love? 
Shopping
Cooking
Lunch with Friends
Shopping
Spa-ing (made that one up, but I do love it)
Talking
Eating Cake
Drinking Americanos
Writing
Reading
Not exercising
  
You get the idea...

None of the things on my list are fundamentally wrong, well, at least not for me. Shopping might be considered evil by some members of my family and yet it makes my list twice!

So the question is this:
Does what I love fall into sync with what God loves?

This question begs for my consideration daily because I don’t get this right most of the time.

Just today, as I struggled with some deep insecurities that surfaced, I was reminded in the Scripture that God loves me so much that He sent Jesus to pay the price for my sin, giving me the opportunity to really know how to love and what to love…

So finding time to do what I love is really finding time to pursue what God created me to do. Will I let God’s love direct my love?

http://www.ellengrafmartin.com/category/ellens-picks

No comments:

Post a Comment